Friday, January 6, 2012

Learning and Growing

    Last night and today were GREAT! God has been doing so many things for me the past couple of days to show me how much he cares. He never ceases to amaze me, but at the same time I find myself in amazement of how sweet he is to me. I forget sometimes that He sees me as his daughter and that he wants nothing more than to love on me. Just that thought alone could sustain me for the rest of my life. Anyways, last night I finally got to see Adam after 3 days of being apart. I know to a lot of you that may seem like nothing, but any time apart from him kind of stinks now. . . well, really stinks. I don't think it is something we will ever get used to. We had a great time just being with each other. He loves the people he is coming in contact with, and his daily schedule so that makes me incredibly happy. If he is happy, I am happy. We ate dinner at the PX Subway, so romantic, right? ;) And then walked around looking at all the clothing they have there and such before it was time for me to catch the bus. It was so cold out last night. Goodbyes are always hard, but the greetings we always get make up for it.
    I woke up this morning at 8:15 to people walking in my front yard, talking and moving around. I had no idea what was going on so I got up and saw it was the people who maintain our yard. There was no way I was going back to sleep. I got up and cleaned our kitchen, trying to find other things to keep me busy, when I hear our doorbell ring. I'm not used to a doorbell, especially the one we have; it is REALLY loud. haha So I went to see what was at the door and it was a package. At first I thought it was the pepper spray that Adam bought for me. (Yes, I will have pepper spray, so don't try anything) When I opened it up I saw that it was the router that I ordered just yesterday!!! It made me so happy! That was just one of the many blessings that God gave me today! I never expected it to get here so soon!!!!! It was so easy to hook up too, and so now we are officially wireless. Oh yeah. Once I was done setting that up I decided to start reading my book again. I was reading The Hunger Games. It was seriously a great book! Highly recommend! I finished it and soon after got up, went to target, and got the next book in the series! But before that the doorbell rang again. I jumped up to look out the window and saw a UPS truck! (We have been waiting on a box from my in-laws for a few days now, so I was hoping that's what it was.) I opened the door to see a huge box! Yet another blessing :) I opened it up and saw my blanket from home. It seriously made my whole week! It even smelled like my in-laws house which made me happy! I took everything out and put it all in it's place. That box seriously was such a blessing! So thankful for Bob and Kim  for doing that :)
    When I left Target I jumped on a bus to come home, to jump on another bus to go see Adam. He had called me while I was at Target and told me that he had the whole night to hangout and nothing to do this weekend either! He was so happy :) So I rushed home (as quickly as the bus will take me) and waited on the next bus to take me straight to the Presidio! I finally got there and there he was, my handsome man! Made me happy to see him! We ate subway, yet again and talked for the whole night until my next bus home was on it's way. I hate leaving him, but knowing I get all day tomorrow makes me so happy! I am so thankful for my husband. He sacrifices so much for me. We both do for each other, and I think that is what a marriage should be. We lay ourselves down for one another, and I love that about our relationship. He always has my back, and I always have his. We laugh together, tell jokes to each other, know each other in and out, and yet still find new things out about each other everyday. We are still learning and growing, and I love and cherish every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment